- Join our mailing list
Stay up to date with Festival news & info and get the insider scoop!
Join us on Facebook
Local Toronto WeatherToronto, ON, CanadaFebruary 26, 2017, 11:46 amPartly sunny
-1°Creal feel: -10°Cwind speed: 32 km/h W
Ready Aye Ready
The Royal Canadian Navy joined RWF for the First Time!
- The Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) joined the festival for the first time this year with two coastal defence naval ships and a host of interactive on-land activities!
- Visitors were invited to jump aboard and tour the decks of Her Majesty’s Canadian Ships (HMCS) Kingston and Goose Bay.
- Congrats to everyone who tried The Ship Shape Obstacle Course and especially to the winners of each of our vs. competitions. Teams included: Argos Cheerleaders, Ship Crews, Billy Bishop Airport Firefighters and of course, the Navy.
- The first ever Urban Fresh Navy Cook Off happened on July 2 from 12:00pm- 2:30pm. Congratulations to team MARLANT for taking home the trophy and to all of our wonderful judges for their participation. Chefs from each ship were given a Black Box of mystery ingredients including Salmon, Redpath brown sugar, blueberries, wild rice and strawberries to create something extraordinary in the tight quarters of the galleys onboard HMCS Kingston and Goose Bay.
- On the mornings of July 1st and 2nd an amazing group of early risers came out for a 5km fun run with the Navy! Thanks to all who participated.
- Interested in learning more about opportunities at the Royal Canadian Navy? Toronto’s HMCS York is actively hiring in a variety of exciting occupations. Visit forces.ca or email jobs_YORK@forces.gc.ca today.