- Join our mailing list
Stay up to date with Festival news & info and get the insider scoop!
RT @PortsToronto The votes have been tallied and this yearâ€™s Sail-In Cinema is sure to be a â€˜slam dunkâ€™! Join us at Sugar Beach by land or by boat August 10-11. Visit sailincinema.com for the full movie schedule. #Toronto #SugarBeach pic.twitter.com/MAjXOAfK7d
Join us on Facebook
Local Toronto WeatherToronto, ON, CanadaJuly 21, 2018, 10:46 pmCloudy
24°Creal feel: 22°Cwind speed: 22 km/h ESE
Ready Aye Ready
The Royal Canadian Navy Sailed Back to RWF!
- The Royal Canadian Navy (RCN) returned to the festival, this time bringing another renowned tall ship along for the journey.
- The HMCS Oriole is a sail-training vessel with a great naval history.
- This was her first appearance to the Great Lakes in over 25 years.
- The Navy was onsite to chat with officers about employment and recruitment opportunities.
- The Canadian Armed Forces were also in attendance and showcased their G-Wagon SUV and tactical gear.
- Interested in learning more about opportunities at the Royal Canadian Navy? Visit forces.ca today.
- The Navy were located at HTO Park, 339 Queens Quay West.
Fast Facts about HMCS Oriole
- Height: 32 metres
- Length: 31 metres
- Displacement: 92 tonnes
- Date Launched: June 4th, 1921
- Homeport: Halifax, NS