- Join our mailing list
Stay up to date with Festival news & info and get the insider scoop!
Less than 2 months til this year's festival! Hang out with us on #TOwaterfront June 22-24. With a H2O-themed circus show from @A2D2circus, Family Fun Zone w/ @ParksCanada @LiveGreenTO & classic summer eats & drinks at #wineandspiritfestival It's the #1 place to start #summer2018! pic.twitter.com/86tu4YxoO3
Patio season starts tomorrow - it’s enough for us that the sun is out. And now we wait for the best patio to open...#SugarBeach. Vino on the sand & more at the Wine & Spirit Festival 🍷☀️ June 22 & 23: towaterfrontfest.com #TOwaterfront @DrinkIncEvents pic.twitter.com/wgyoTVkc06
Join us on Facebook
Local Toronto WeatherToronto, ON, CanadaApril 23, 2018, 9:06 pmIntermittent clouds
14°Creal feel: 13°Cwind speed: 7 km/h E
Draken Harald Hårfagre
The Most Authentic Viking Ship Built in 1000 Years!
- Built by Norway’s leading experts and craftsmen in traditional boat building, the Draken is the largest reconstruction of a Viking ship built in modern times.
- Starting in their homeport of Haugesund, Norway, she set sail on the 26th of April on a challenging expedition across the North Atlantic Ocean, the same route the Vikings travelled more than 1,000 years ago. ‘Expedition America’ will explore and relive one of the most mythological sea voyages – the first transatlantic journeys.
- The Draken is so unique, in that it has no below decks and the only cooking facilities is an open galley. The 33 crew members sleep in a tent on the main deck that can shelter 22 sailors at a time. The crew sleeps in 3 watches with 4 hours work and 8 hours rest. The tent is the only shelter there is onboard!
- Vessel Type: Viking Longship
- Flag: Norway
- Homeport: Haugesund, Norway
- Sparred Length: 115’
- Beam: 26’
- Rig Height: 78’
- Sail Area: 2,798 square feet
- Power: Sail, Oars
- Hull: Wood