- Join our mailing list
Stay up to date with Festival news & info and get the insider scoop!
Head down to @HarbourfrontTO tonight for @CherryBombTDOT an inclusive #DJskateparty for queer women and friends. Queer DJ dream duo @djDeniseBenson and Cozmic Cat will be dropping hiphop, funk, house and more. pic.twitter.com/gU5cQtoe4l
Join us on Facebook
Local Toronto WeatherToronto, ON, CanadaJanuary 16, 2018, 2:36 amFlurries
-8°Creal feel: -14°Cwind speed: 11 km/h NNE
A Spanish Floating Museum
- Step back in time aboard El Galeón, the breathtaking 1/1 scale reconstruction of a 16th century Spanish galleon that was part of Spain’s West Indies fleet.
- In 1565, the prestigious Spanish sailor, Pedro Menendez de Aviles received a commission from the Spanish king to arm a fleet and sail from Spain to La Florida. They left Cadiz on June the 29th, with almost one thousand men in the Menendez fleet including El Galeón San Pelayo.
- With 5 decks of exhibits to explore, you will learn about 16th century European sailing techniques and technology. El Galeón tells the 500-year story since the arrival of Juan Ponce de León on the eastern shore of Florida.
- Vessel Type: Galleon
- Flag: Spain
- Homeport: Sevilla, Spain & currently St. Augustine Florida
- Draft: 10’ 6”
- Beam: 33’
- Rig Height: 121’
- Sail Area: 10,010 square feet
- Power: 2x380HP
- Hull: Fiberglass