- Join our mailing list
Stay up to date with Festival news & info and get the insider scoop!
Talk about sweet. Thank you Sylvia from Sylvia's Simple Life for coming to @sugarshackto last weekend to take pictures for your blog. The photos turned out beautifully. Take at look at buff.ly/2DIkJAs pic.twitter.com/QZexjm57J3
Get there before it melts away! This weekend is your last chance to experience Winter @OntarioPlace. Skate around a synthetic rink, warm up in front of a bonfire and explore the #WinterLightExhibition. Details at buff.ly/2CoFHrK pic.twitter.com/hJ4OKvhWLM
St.Paddy's Day is this Saturday! Celebrate all things Irish on #TOwaterfront at @amsterdambeer BrewHouse, The Goodman Pub and Kitchen or @boxcar_social. While you're by water, make sure to explore #Icebreakers. The art installations will be taken down after this weekend! pic.twitter.com/gBWFcicE4w
Join us on Facebook
Local Toronto WeatherToronto, ON, CanadaMarch 19, 2018, 5:09 pmSunny
0°Creal feel: -3°Cwind speed: 11 km/h S
A Spanish Floating Museum
- Step back in time aboard El Galeón, the breathtaking 1/1 scale reconstruction of a 16th century Spanish galleon that was part of Spain’s West Indies fleet.
- In 1565, the prestigious Spanish sailor, Pedro Menendez de Aviles received a commission from the Spanish king to arm a fleet and sail from Spain to La Florida. They left Cadiz on June the 29th, with almost one thousand men in the Menendez fleet including El Galeón San Pelayo.
- With 5 decks of exhibits to explore, you will learn about 16th century European sailing techniques and technology. El Galeón tells the 500-year story since the arrival of Juan Ponce de León on the eastern shore of Florida.
- Vessel Type: Galleon
- Flag: Spain
- Homeport: Sevilla, Spain & currently St. Augustine Florida
- Draft: 10’ 6”
- Beam: 33’
- Rig Height: 121’
- Sail Area: 10,010 square feet
- Power: 2x380HP
- Hull: Fiberglass